Sunday, November 27, 2011

"High Noon" - journal quilt - November 26, 2011

"High Noon"  - journal quilt - November 26, 2011

     I designed and made this  8 1/2" x 11"  journal quilt in July of 2005.  I made it for the Journal Quilt Project  for the Houston International Quilt Festival.  It did travel to some of their other venues to be exhibited.    I used cottons, fancy yarns and beads.   I also hand painted cheesecloth an olive green to use for some of the leaves.  
    I used this design as a "jumping off"  point to make a large quilt .  I will show that quilt soon.  A lot of times I will make a small designed quilt that will lead to a bigger piece later on.  
     This quilt was also chosen to be featured on page 161 in the book   ""Personal pages and Inspirations -  1000 Artist Journal Pages"  by Dawn DeVries Sokol.   ........................
 http://www.dblogala.com/1000-artist-journal-pages/

No comments:

Post a Comment